Is Iran a safe travel destination?
Iranian people have been always a true sample of friendliness and hospitality especially when it comes to foreigners. They hardly let a passenger be left alone, without say greetings or even just a hello. In fact most Iranians will not let tourist pass without making sure that they have place to stay and food to eat.
Make friendship with Iranians in 10 minutes stay friends forever! Iranians are one of the most if not the world’s most hospitable people and would love to make friends, as long as it’s both side desire.
“Anyone who comes to this house, give him food and do not ask about his faith. Because, as he merits a life next to the exalted God, no doubt he deserves a meal on my table”
Abu al-Hassan Kharqani “A great Iranian Sufi”
When you give credit to propaganda and media thousand questions comes to your mind, keeping you wonder; “Is it really safe traveling in Iran?! Who should I believe latest travelers comments or state warnings?”
In fact Iran is among low risk travel destination based on International SOS travel risk map in 2019. According to this map, only 8 countries are labeled as insignificant travel risk destination. Meanwhile Iran has got the same safety status as most of European countries; like United Kingdom, Germany, and France.
5 Facts about Iran Safety and Legal Security
- Iranian citizens are not allowed to carry any kinds of weapons or buy or sell them legally.
- None of the Iranian cities are listed between top 50 most dangerous cities in the world (not in 2018 or before that)
- For more than fifty years, there have been no outbreak of any diseases or epidemics that threaten the life of people. There are no such diseases as Ebola or anything the same, either.
- There have been no possibility of any terrorist attack in nearly 15-20 years.
- You rarely find any specific cases in the media about rape, murder or attacks happening to travelers or tourists.
- There are some governmental laws for collaboration of ministries and governmental organizations for extra cautions and protections of travelers and tourists.