Qeshm Island has been famous as a trade center, due to the booming market and entering important Goods from Persian Gulf countries to the island. Folk music and traditional local foods with warm-hearted local people make this island a wonderful Iran destination. There are numerous villages on the island where the inhabitants keep their customs and traditions. As they get their livelihood by sea, their jobs are related to the Gulf. Accordingly, some of them are fishermen and some are lunch (boat) makers. To improve the sustainable tourism the travelers can accommodate in rural houses and involve in the natives’ daily lives. In addition to the villages, Qeshm is surrounded by several small islands that some of which have inhabitants and some like Naz island are uninhabited. From the geological point of view, Qeshm and the surrounding islands in the Persian Gulf are very so unique that attract a lot of foreign tourists every year.
Ways to reach Qeshm Island:
- There is a flight from Dubai to Qeshm
- There is a flight from Muscat to Qeshm
- There is a ferry transport from Sharjah to Bandar Abbas
- There are Domestic flights from major Iranian cities to Qeshm Island by Qeshm Air and many other airlines
- Boat transfer: from Bandar Abbas and Bandar Khamir the simplest way is to get on a speedboat at main harbor.
For further information, you can contact Friendlyiran experts.
You don’t need a visa for visiting Qeshm, Hormoz, and Hengam Island but you can read about Iran visa here. There are several boats from Qeshm and Bandar Abbas to these islands every day.