Holding various types of tourist attractions and activities, Iran is One Land for Many Travel Tastes. The best holiday destination in the Middle East is definitely Iran, especially when you have an interest in;
- Ancient Historical Ruins
- Persian Culture and Traditions
- Mesmerizing Iranian Architecture and Art
- Pure and Spectacular Nature
- Welcoming and Friendly People
Best Travel Destinations in IRAN
Top Trends in 2022 in Iran ; New Destinations New Experiences
Nowadays, tourists are attracted to less ancient but more Mixture of Cultural and Natural Destinations in Iran.
A combination of Hyrcanian Jungles with farms and Rasht food tours or a mix of West-Iran stepped villages, waterfalls, and Nomads are tourists’ top-rated destinations and can soon be the best seller tours in Iran.
- 9 days Food and Culinary Tour of Iran with the emphasis on Persian cuisine and northern culture is one of the first choices for senior-aged tours who look for some fun and culture on the same vacation.
- If you are in Iran for only a short stop due to business missions or limit of time, 4 Days Tehran and Hyrcanian Forest tour is a mixture of Cultural Heritage, Modernity, Ecotour, and Alborz mountain Villages.
Cherry-Picked Experiences for Travellers
Take the Persian Cooking Course if you are a foodie!
- Persian Food Tour in Tehran
- Culinary Course in Shiraz
- Cooking with Nomads
- Cooking Course in Rasht; UNESCO Creative City for gastronomy
- Desert Food and Culinary with Mama
Make your Hand-Made Persian Collection if you are Art freak!
- Farsi Calligraphy Course (Available in Tehran and Shiraz)
- Mina Kari on metal and pottery (Available in Shiraz and Esfahan)
- Iranian Hand-made Art with Pottery (Available in Shiraz )
Surf Deserts, Ski on Snow, Hike in Jungles & Dive in Blue Waters if you are Nature lover!
- Ski Tours: Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads
- A mixture of Ski and Diving; Skiing at the high altitudes and deep-diving underwater and scuba diving on coral reefs!
- Caspian Hyrcanian Mixed Forests Tours; Hike and Trek, Countryside Stays, Connect to the universe and relax!
- Desert Tours and Saffari in Iran
Meet people, share ideas, know religions, know Iranians if you are a social person!
Inspiring Destinations in Iran
Iran’s most inspiring tourist destinations in 2020 are focusing on the Nomadic tribes and small villages with rich cultural background. Among all nomads and villages around Iran, the ones from Fars, Kurdistan, and Lorestan Provinces are known as the most intimate tour stations.
At the next inspiration, states the desert trips, safari, and stargazing. Lut desert is certified as a world heritage site by UNESCO, and every year more and more tourists tend to visit the three types of deserts in Iran and enjoy the adventurous activities. Moreover, since Iran deserts have the least air pollution and the best view of the skies, tourists take advantage of stars photography and enjoy seeing the meteor shower based on the time.
Things to Do with Kids in Iran and Child-Friendly Destinations
The charming historical sites, hospitable people, and a variety of experiences are only a few reasons that families with kids find Iran an ideal vacation destination in the Middle East. Meeting Nomad families will perk up your child’s excitement and broaden their life’s vision. There, your kids will figure out how Nomads live and do daily occupations like milking, curing, or shaving off wools and even participate in some activities like feeding or herding sheep.
Visiting different natural areas can also be another spotlight of the journey, like; desert with star gazing spice, colored mountains in Qeshm Island, and Natural Caves.
- Kid-Friendly IRAN Tour for Families; In this tour, the highlights are arranged in order to be attractive to the whole family.
- Iran Nomad Tour; Authentic travel experiences and unique opportunities to meet and trek with nomads
- Iran Nomad Discovery with Qashqai Tribes in 1 Day ; Once for lifetime experience!
Adrenaline and Adventure Traveling in Iran
What speeds up your heartbeat? Imagine yourself parasailing on top of the Persian Gulf, or driving off-road xtreme jeep? Do you like trekking in high mountains? Or rafting and boat riding in valleys? Iran is a destination where always will have a hidden gem in the pocket. Here you find so many adventure activities to do and living it up, whether in a group or individually.
- Iran Nature-Adventure Travelling | Fun, History, Culture
- 3-Day Kish Tour; A great opportunity to do water sports in Persian Gulf
Frequent Asked Question about Iran Destinations
Considering all kind of tourism, Tehran has the most number of tourists in the year. Including the leisure tourism, business trips and etc., and also by having the most number of International flights to Iran.
Mashhad, where the Shrine of Imam Reza locates, is the most popular religious destination in Iran and has the highest number of pilgrims. So many Shitte Muslims around the world visit Mashhad yearly for ziyarat and praying.
After Tehran and Mashhad, in the same level two cities of Shiraz and Esfahan host the highest number of tourists. Obviously the majority of this number are the leisure tourists.
Iran is famous for its history, local activity, and food! To have a unique journey in Iran it’s best to have a mixture of these three experiences, which are specialized in Iran.
But what makes FriendlyIran different from other travel agencies, is that we customize tours for You! Based on Your Interests and Budget!
Tehran, Esfahan, Shiraz, Tabriz, Mashhad, and Kish are the most developed cities in Iran. And among all cities and regions, they have better urban engineering for accessible people.
Meanwhile, we highly recommend having the Iran tour for accessible travelers and companionship of someone who is experienced with accessible people.
Here are 7 most luxurious hotels in 7 top travel destinations;
Espinas Palace 5* Hotel; it is where celebrities and famous figures go, while they are in Tehran. It is not to mention, the service, view and staff are beyond the expectation!
Zandieh 5* hotel; a classy-modern hotel in the city center. Awesome customer service and friendly staff
Abbasi 5* Hotel, or Abbasi Caravanserai; A boutique hotel in heart of city, with fabulous architecture! Since the standard rooms are pretty simple, we recommend you to stay only in upgraded rooms!
Almas hotel (2) 5* hotel; it has received excellent reviews for all kind of stay! Whether business or Pilgrim!
Kaya Laleh Park 5* Hotel; One of the kaya chain hotels, which is to be an ideal mix of value, comfort and convenience in a luxury level!
Saraye Ameriha Boutique hotel; a historical Persian house with fantastic customer service, location, and facilities.
Dariush 5* Grand Hotel; Amazing design with great service, very close to the grand Pier and Seashore.
Based on travel safety map in 2019, released by International SOS, Central, northern and southern part of Iran are safe to travel! As safe as most of European countries!
Western and Eastern borders are not recommended to travel. Sistan and Baluchestan province is in the extremely not recommended zone.
Check out the safety map on page; Is It Safe to Travel to Iran in 2020?
Life is too short to skip visiting Iran! FrienldyIran Travel Agency, as a local trip adviser and destination developer, makes your trip more and more exciting, based on your interests.
Responsible and Green Tourism in Iran is kindly new. Through friendly Iran assistance, you can make sure you are supporting Iran’s sustainable traveling and have an environmental-friendly Tour in Iran.
To know more, watch our Meaningful and Responsible Tourism in Iran page.