Iran Tours & Travel
Best of our iran trips
Iran owns various tastes for travellers going to immerse in the rich culture and seek out authentic experiences. From mesmerizing nature, savoury local dishes, and friendly people to the ancient gems dating back to the thousand-year-old Persian history, Iran has an ocean of treasures to offer. Step in this wonderland and explore its beauties independently or join an Iran tour containing your quests to escape from common experiences. Friendlyiran tries to show the reality of Iran, good and bad; we are walking the talk by gaining the local knowledge of Iran’s history, art, culture, nature, religion and people from the beginning of our lives and importantly having access to the unique suppliers, and by spacing out itineraries we make places for different memorable moments.
We stay connected during your experiential travel through the Persian empire providing in-the-know support. Below you can see the various range of Iran Tour packages helping you decide about your own friendly path.
Flexible bookings – COVID-19 Supported by Friendlyiran
Iran Tour Packages 2023 offers
Tehran >Kashan >Isfahan >Yazd >Shahdad >Meymand >Shiraz >Shooshtar >Susa >Kermanshah >Takab >Zanjan >Tehran
This itinerary covering most of the magnificent UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Iran.
Shiraz >Siraf >Khamir Port >Bandarabbas >Hormoz >Shiraz
This trip is going to be heaven for those who love seafood, aromatic spices, and Mediterranean cuisine and climate.
Tehran >Kashan >Golpaygan >Khansar >Isfahan >Shiraz
Fritillaria flower spreads over Iran’s lands after winter and makes them beautiful at springtimes.
Tehran >Shiraz >Yazd >Garmeh/Mesr >Anarak >Naein >Isfahan >Kashan >IKA
This itinerary is suitable for first-time travelers who love to enjoy desert areas alongside cultural/historical visits.
Iran Tour Price Table
|Tour Name||Duration||Style||Start/ Finish Point||Standard rate from||Single Price|
|Kish Island Tour from Muscat 2023||4 days 3 nights||Visa Free||Kish Island ➡️ Kish Island||€187||€94|
|7-day Iran Nomad Tour of Lorestan and Khuzestan||7 days 6 nights||Nomad Adventure||Khorram-abad ➡️ Isfahan||€738||€105|
|The Perfect Road Trip through Iran in 7 Days||7 Days 6 Nights||Border to border||Bazargan Border ➡️ Bajgiran Border||€476||€214|
|1 Week North Iran Tour | Caspian Hyrcanian Mixed Forests||7 Days 6 Nights||Nature-based||Tehran ➡️ Tehran||€632||€95|
|A Kid-Friendly IRAN Tour for Families||14 days 13 nights||With Kids||Tehran ➡️ Shiraz||€1068||€333|
|Iran Escorted Tour for US citizens||8 days 7 nights||Easy-peasy!||Tehran ➡️ IKA||€566||€100|
|Iranian Saffron Farm Tour||3 days 2 nights||Red Gold||Birjand ➡️ Birjand||€184||€0|
|2 Weeks Classic Iran Tour||14 days 13 nights||History and Culture||Tehran ➡️ Tehran||€1113||€326|
|Iran All Inclusive Tour 12+1-Day Persia Journey||12+1 days 12 nights||All-inclusive||Tehran ➡️ IKA||€1289||€269|
|8 Days Iran Budget Tour & Cheap Travel Package||8 days 7 nights||Let's go!||Tehran ➡️ Tehran||€319||€91|
|Iran Food and Culinary Tour||9 days 8 nights||Culinary||Shiraz ➡️ Tehran||€774||€167|
|Desert Camping and Safari Trip in Iran||18 Days 17 Nights||Desert Lovers||Tehran ➡️ Tehran||€1442||€400|
Best of Iran Family Tours & Vacations
Tehran > Shiraz > Isfahan > Kashan > IKA
This low-cost Iran offer is a private tour; surely you can have a better rate if the group numbers grow.
Tehran >Kashan >Abyaneh >Isfahan >Nain >Yazd >Abarkuh >Shiraz
This is an Iran family tour with kids in traditional and non-traditional routes for both first-time and second-time Iran travelers.
Tehran >Hamedan >Kermanshah >Khorramabad >Tehran
Iran is a 4-season country and this 8-Day tour is our suggestion for those who like to discover Iran during summer. It’s a mix of nature & cultural/ historical places.
Iran Adventure & Ecotourism Tours
In this 4 days tour of Kermanshah province, you will enjoy visiting the UNESCO historical site as well as villages around Kermanshah.
Tehran >Tabriz >Shiraz >Yazd >Isfahan >Kashan >IKA
Austria is a peaceful country with nice residents and Iran-Austria relation has been always friendly. Here is a tour based on Austrian special interests.
Tehran >Shiraz >Sepidan >Persepolis >Abarkuh >Yazd >Isfahan >Abyaneh >Kashan
This tour focus is on masterpieces of architecture and arts in the main cities.
Tehran >Sangdeh >Bastam >Bandar Torkaman >Behshar >Noshahr >Chalus >Tehran
An eco-tour to Caspian jungles in North/ East Iran. Discovering the Natural gems of the Hyrcanian forest, Light trekking, and Camping.
Frequently Asked Questions about Iran Tour
12 Essential things to know about traveling to Iran in 2021, the best time to visit Iran, the top 10 places to visit, update dress code for tourists, Coronavirus travel restrictions, and other important information all in 12 questions and answers!
The best time to visit Iran is from 10th March to the 20th of May and from the 22nd of August to the 22nd of November! In these 2 periods, the weather is great to travel all around Iran and enjoy the best tour ever!
Tip: If you want to do Iran tour early spring and early autumn, better to book your Iran tour services at least 3 months in advance.
Tip 2: To have some special experiences in Iran, such as doing ski, touring Islands, and doing a trip to the desert, there are other best times available! Please consult with us via WhatsApp or mail!
When is the cheapest time to travel to Iran?
During the hot weather from June to mid- August and from December to January, you can book your hotel up to 50% off! Then you can book the cheapest Iran tour package!
This summer and winter best sale doesn’t apply to all destinations in Iran! For example, the best time to visit Tabriz and the north of Iran is summer, so during summertime, the hotels in Northern Iran are having a high season! However, in southern Iran and the desertic area, the weather is so hot that the hotel prices are almost half price!
This will be almost inverse in winter! Best offers of Tabriz tour and cheap travel to the North of Iran are possible during winter, meanwhile, southern Iran and desert cities do not have the lowest rates!
Iran is famous for its friendly people, culture, and history! Once your Iran tour is finished you will find yourself admiring Iranian hospitality, the unique culture of Persia, and the great history of ancient Iran!
- Persepolis; The Achaemenid series of palaces, made for holding Nowruz festivals! 2500 years old and 1 hour away from Shiraz!
- Naghshe Jahan Square; Also known as Imam Square/ Shah Square in Isfahan! A precious complex of mosques, bazaar, and palace from the Safavi dynasty- around 400 years old!
Imam mosque/ shah mosque and sheik Lotfollah mosque are two of the most gorgeous mosques not only in Iran but in the world! They are well-known for their beautiful tiling and architecture!
Aliqapu palace is another lovely mansion of Naghshe Jahan square, the only place you can visit an adorable music room!
Esfahan Bazaar all over the Imam Square makes the sight twice beautiful! Also is a great chance to buy handmade!
- Golestan Palace of Tehran; A unique palace complex, in which 9 kings have had crowning ceremony! The complex was founded by Safavid kings, mostly developed and finished in the Qajar dynasty! Later Pahlavi Kings held their crowning ceremonies in Golestan palace as well!
- Nasir Almolk mosque; famous as a pink mosque or rose mosque, is a stunning must-see sight in Shiraz that fascinates all tourists! The seven-colored tiles and colorful glasses of the main hall in the pink mosque have made this place a great spot for photography!
- Imam Reza shrine; Imam Reza is one of the most beloved Imams by Muslims and his shrine is also one of the most beloved destinations in Iran! The shrine and Goharshad mosque next to it enchants everyone!
However, since Imam Reza shrine locates a bit far from the classic tour route of Iran, people visit Fatima shrine in Qom or Shah Cheragh shrine in Shiraz instead.
- Lut Desert; lately added to UNESCO world heritage site in Iran, Lut desert is one of the greatest spots you can visit in Iran. It’s highly recommended to visit Sand domes, Shahdad Kaluts, and the cultural sites around it, such as Bam citadel, Rayen citadel, Shazdeh Garden.
- Hormoz Island; Locating in the beautiful Persian gulf and right in the neighborhood of Qeshm Island, the Hormoz small Island definitely worth visiting! The island is so small that you can walk around it in a day, but it’s so beautiful that you will never get tired of it!
- Yazd city; the yellow scene of Yazd city with the wind towers on top of roofs, the companionship of Muslims, and Zoroastrians with the spice of culture and art will find it’s an immortal place in your heart!
- Villages! One of the affecting experience in Iran is visiting village life and dealing with local Iranian people. Uramanat Takht near Kermanshah, Ardekan village near Shiraz, Taft village near Yazd is a few places that you can get to know the pure Iranian lifestyle.
- Hyrcanian forests; the Northern part of Iran has been always famous for its mesmerizing green nature! From Gilan to Mazandaran and Gorgan provinces, the southern part of the Caspian sea is home to the Hyrcanian forests of Iran. The most recommended spot in the Hyrcanian forest to visit is the Sangdeh, Rash jungles near Firuzkooh, the Rudkhan castle, and the Arasbaaran protected area.
The price for 8 days private Iran tour is about 590 Euro per person. The tour services are a full time tour guide, private transportation, budget accommodation from Tehran to Tehran, and a domestic flight.
It’s for sure possible to have a discount and book your Iran tour at a cheaper price, but you can never tell how much you can bargain till the time that you confirm the tour package booking contract.
If you are a first-time traveler, we suggest you have at least 8 days for a round trip in the classic route. 8 days is enough to visit the most remarkable sights in Tehran, Kashan, Abyaneh, Esfahan, Yazd, and Shiraz.
By adding 3 more days you will make it to visit Kerman, Ahwaz, or have an excursion to North of Iran.
You can stay 30 days in Iran with a tourist visa! By taking the chance of all these 30 days, you can visit almost all Iran!
There are 5 simple routines to plan your travel to Iran;
- Ask for Visa required documents and time. (based on your nationality)
- Choose the travel date; check the best flight to Iran that matches your holiday.
- Check out the tour packages and find the best package based on travel time and duration.
- Find the hotels and accommodation that would make your stay enjoyable.
- Ask for a quotation and book your tour package in advance!
Iran is one of the safest destinations for solo travelers, backpackers and hitchhikers! This is indeed part of the Iranian culture that everyone feels responsible for each other safety and comfort, so you would be treated as a guest in Iran. People may frequently ask you if you have a place to stay, if they can accompany you to a place or if you like to join them for a meal!
Iran is pretty safe, however, it’s recommended to follow some tips:
Tip 1. Respect local beliefs! Especially in small cities, villages, and sacred places.
Tip 2. Try to not walk around alone after 9-10 pm.
Other small tips; Use signed taxi, don’t get lost, connect with trustworthy locals through Instagram or couch surfing
Each one of them has its own benefits!
Iran Private Tour benefits:
- On a private tour, you will have flexibility in changing the plan, as far as your accommodation and time limits don’t get affected.
- A private tour gives you a chance to have unique experiences! Such as being invited for dinner by a Persian family!
- You will save more time on a private tours and visit more places.
Iran Group Tour benefits:
- Although the private tour of Iran is pretty cheap! But the Group tour will be even cheaper!
- The companionship of other travelers can make the road trip much fun
Good News! FriendlyIran makes especial experiences like joining a family for dinner, learning new art like calligraphy, and enjoying every wasted moment possible!
- Have a Culinary Course!
Persian food and cuisine have worldwide fame and learning to cook one or two Persian dishes would be fun and a good memorial from Iran!
- Visit Nomads or Village people!
Local people in villages and nomads have preserved their old culture and visiting them will make your vision of Iran more realistic and pure.
- Go trekking!
Iran is filled with beautiful mountains and only on a daily excursion, you can go trekking and enjoy nature.
- Take a daily train to the north from Tehran and back!
The raja tourist train has a golden route from Tehran to Sari, in between you will pass from the desert part of Garmsar to the green nature, visiting the old rail system in Iran which is a masterpiece of its kind!
- Visit Desert, Camp, and Safari!
Iran is famous for its desert! It’s not to mention that the variety of deserts in Iran attracts millions of tourists per year. Safari in sand domes or between Shahdad Kaluts, camping under the clear sky full of stars and even camel riding can make a huge difference in the general satisfaction of your Iran tour.
Almost all nationalities are allowed to receive Visa on Arrival!
American, British, Canadian Passport holders should apply for a visa and receive the paper visa/visa stamp in advance before arrival.
People from Pakistan, Sierra Leon, Nigeria, and Bangladesh are allowed to apply for VOA, but we do recommend these nationalities to receive their visa in advance.
Israel’s passport is not valid to travel to Iran.
The Coronavirus outbreak has changed daily routines of service providers in a good way, such as hotels, transportation services as well as restaurants. Hygiene protocols are followed strictly to lower the risk of getting coronavirus.
However, the Covid-19 situation and the affected number show that Iran is not safe to travel yet! We recommend travelers to consider traveling to Iran at least after November 2020.
The top 5 most famous foods in Iran are as bellow! It’s almost impossible if you travel to Iran and don’t try these foods!
1. Kebab Koobideh! Almost known as lamb kebab is one of the favorite options for non-vegetarian tourists! Almost everywhere in Iran you can find Kabab Koobideh, even on the roads!
2. Rice with Barberry and chicken! Barberry is one of the specialties of Iran and you should try the Sauer-sweet taste of it. This food is also served in most traditional restaurants in Iran.
3. Hamburger or pizza! Not the traditional food of Iran, but in Iran you will find delicious Hamburgers with unique sauce and tasty American/ Italian style Pizza!
4. Tahchin! A rice cake, with lamb or chicken, flavored with saffron! Delicious, Traditional, and Healthy!
5. Dizi! Or Abgoosht! Unique food that you can’t find easily in other lands! Dizi is a traditional food and best served in stone pots! The process of making dizi is fun and it tastes like heaven!
Direct link to Iran Food Guides:
Check out the top 10 food you must try in Iran, here!
If you are vegetarian don’t miss our General Guide to Visit Iran as a Vegetarian!
A general guide to Iran Food and cuisine; Iran Food & Drinks Guide